2009年12月20日日曜日

Table Manners

1.Have you ever eaten in a restaurant in a foreign country? Where? What did you eat? Did you make any mistakes? Please explain your experience.
I've never eaten in a restaurant in a foreign country, so I would like to write about my experience in a Italian restaurant in Japan.
I made some mistakes...
I mistook the way of using spoon. When we eat soup, we have to scoop up with a spoon from the front. But, I did reversely... So, I was pointed out the mistake by my mother.
Also, I was using my napkin wrong side out...This mistake is scatterbrained rather than bad table manner.haha
It's difficult to try anything new!!!

2. Did you learn anything?
I learned table manners are very important to enjoy meal!!!
Bad manners make people feel bad. Meanwhile, good manners make people feel more HAPPY So, I have to understand each of countries' table manners.

Anyway, I watched on TV about to make noise when we eat buckwheat noodles.
That TV program said it's in order to enhance flavor of buckwheat by breathe the air.
I think it's similar to the case of wine. Of course, we don't make noise when we drink wine, but it's because we move wine all around our wine .

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hi, berry. I like the way you think about table manners. You would like to keep in table mannes because it will make others feel good. It is very basic and impotant thinking :)

    返信削除
  2. Thank you lohengrin!!
    Every country have their ow n table manners, so we have no choice.
    I think we NEED to be thoughtful each other.

    返信削除
  3. I have never cared about how to move my spoon.
    Maybe, I unconsciously make many mistakes.
    I agree with your opinion, and I want to learn table manners to have a happy meal.

    返信削除
  4. Thank you kang-fu!!
    I think I often make small mistakes!
    I would like to learn table manners little by little.

    返信削除