2009年11月16日月曜日

TIME

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
There are a lot of TIME proverbs in Japan.
I think it is because TIME is very important, and most of them show the brevity of life.

Examples...
一朝一夕
A short time like one morning and night.

寸陰を惜しむ
  To value even a short time.

2. What do the following proverbs mean:
a) Time is money.
TIME is precious just like MONEY.
So, we don't have to waste time.
We cannot get back the time we've lost, so I think we don't have to wast even a short time.

b) A stitch in time saves nine.
Longtime effrt go to waste by minor complications at the very end.
I have to stay sharp!!haha

c) There's no time like the present.
Once youVe made up your mine, you should move into action just now.
I'm indecisive...So, I keep in mind this proverb!!

d) Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
I don't know the meaning, but does it mean "It's a waste of time"???
Please tell me!!!

8 件のコメント:

  1. I also dont know meaning of d)!!!
    We have to know...

    返信削除
  2. Thank you chatlie☆
    I still don't know the meaning of d)...
    Anyway, if you meet someone at 5:00 PM, when do you try to be there ?

    返信削除
  3. Hi,
    I agree with you.
    Time is very important for Japanese people, I think :)
    We enjoy feeling time like hours, minutes and seconds.

    返信削除
  4. hi,
    i also think time is important thing for japanese. dont you think that is why japanese is strict about time?

    返信削除
  5. hi!!
    I agree with you.
    Many japanese people though that Time is very important.
    So, we must spend time carefully.

    返信削除
  6. Hi!
    Your explanations are easy to understand.
    They helped me a lot.
    However, I also don't know the meaning of "d".
    Sorry I can't help you.

    返信削除
  7. Hi.
    I understand your answers easily.
    Thank you for good explanations.

    返信削除
  8. Hi
    I don'y know this proverb.
    " To value even a short time"
    I want to know this mean.

    返信削除