2009年5月11日月曜日

How is your daily life affected by Buddhism?

I give five examples here.

1. We offer the first things of the season at the altar.
‐It is because to thank the crops.

2. We never wear Kimono with its left side okumi is under the right side.
‐This style is for burial clothes.

3. Some people worship the Buddha every morning and evening.
‐In the morning, we pray that we hope to spend an ordinary day. In the evening we express to Buddha my gratitude of the day. My grandfather does it every day.

4. We put an eggplant and cucumber with legs which made by the disposable wooden chopsticks in the Bon festival.
‐The eggplant is a cow, and the cucumber is a horse. It is the means for Buddha to come back our house.

5. We sprinkle our body with salt after a Buddhist service for the dead.
‐It is because to cleanse our body,

9 件のコメント:

  1. Hi,BERRY!
    I didn't know the meaning of worship the Buddha. I think only old people do that. Most of young people including me don't do that.

    返信削除
  2. Micheal, thank you for your comment!!
    I agree with your opinion.
    I never worship the Buddha. It is only in Obonn festival, isn't it?

    返信削除
  3. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  4. I've never heard most of the stuff you wrote on here.
    Maybe we're in different sects of Buddhism. haha.

    返信削除
  5. Thank you, frogger☆★
    I think you will agree with No.2 example.
    (^з^))♪

    返信削除
  6. Hello, BERRY! Seems you like all kinds of berries :) About example 3, my grandmother also do this everyday. I don't worship Buddha, maybe just when I visit temple as travel, or on Obonn festival as you mentioned~

    返信削除
  7. THANK YOU☆lohengrin.
    My grandfather worship everyday just as your grandmother.
    (^~^))

    返信削除
  8. In my grand parent`s house put an eggplant and cucumber.
    I think they look strange(^^;)
    Have you ever made them??

    返信削除
  9. THANK YOU Pino☆
    I think so too!!!!
    The eggplant and cucumber are very strange,haha♪
    I have never made them.
    I think it is easy to make☆

    返信削除